Thursday, May 26, 2011

First Baseball Game

We took the boys to Boshamer Stadium this weekend to watch the Heels play the 3rd game in the series against No. 1 Virginia.  We had won the two previous games and needed this last win to complete the sweep. 
The sun was out in full force with very little cloud cover and practically no breeze.  I was prepared for this.  Strapless shirt and some SPF 8 oil for this pasty momma and a hat and some SPF 60+ for the babe. 
The hat was a total no-go.  I even brought 2 kinds to see which one he liked the best.  A bucket hat and a baseball cap.  He disagreed with both of them.  It was a fun game for him to take each hat off and throw it on the ground.  Over and over...and OVER again!  Okay, no more hat.
Without dumping the entire bottle of sunscreen on his head I was afraid that he would have some major scalp burn if I let him sit in our seats {with his natural mohawk & all...} so we stayed up in the concourse for most of the game.  Ed & I switched off every inning.  I had to make sure I spent some time in the sun!!  
Overall, I think he had a great time.  By about the 7th inning he was getting hot and cranky and was really tired from not having his afternoon nap.  I finally had to take him to a shaded corner of the stadium, by an exit that was closed off, to let him scream his lungs out for about 5 minutes while I held him down tight until he just gave up and passed out for the rest of the game.  We sat in the shaded corner for the last 3 innings.  The Heels won 3-2 and it was a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...