Monday, May 2, 2011

Festival, Feathers & Finishings...

This past weekend was the Dogwood Festival in downtown Mebane.  Mom & Laura love a good craft fair as much as I do and my good friend Amanda had a booth setup for her salon, Urban Fringe, so we decided to venture in to the old mill town.  The main street was blocked off, there was a kiddie carnival area and lots and lots of vendor booths setup including some great smelling southern foods.  Deuce is a happy little guy anytime he has the opportunity to people watch.
We stopped by the Urban Fringe booth to visit the girls and I decided to make a change in my life.  I decided that I wanted to walk on the wild side.  The wild side as in I got some extensions.  For Real???  Oh yeah, extensions indeed.  But before you start painting pictures in your head of me with extensions & weave, you should know that I got a feather hair extension.  As in 1 small strand of feathers that are hot pink & black and pretty much blend in to my hair.  Actually it was my mom that wanted one and she convinced me & my sister to both get one.  I was a little skeptical.  I mean I am the girl that only had a straight across trim until I was 25 years old.  I never had a drop of dye in my hair or layers or anything until Amanda convinced me to let her fix me up a bit back in 2005-ish.  So one, single feather extension was a big deal for me.  But I must say that I love it and I want more.  I may just drop by the salon here soon to have them add some more.
obviously I am not Selena Gomez and definately not the blonde chick, but you get the idea...
 
Emily adding Nana's feather
Nana just happened to be rocking feathers on her earrings too...
Auntie's turn. That's Deuce's buddy Colton in the background.
And here is Amanda pimpin' out my hair (which I hadn't even bothered to blow dry, obviously).
See how small it is?  Plus it's now been trimmed to the length of my hair.
After getting our hair tricked out, we visited some more of the vendor booths at the festival.  Plus some of the regular shops that line main street were open too.  I fell into heaven and you will too upon the first step into the Elegant Relic.
This super cute, chic boutique in downtown Mebane isn't just any ol' antique shop.  Think old antiques repurposed & refurbished and totally transformed into all things decorative that you just have to have for your house.
The antiques are amazing, the shop is amazing, the presentation is amazing and what's even more amazing is that they have added a clothing & accesories boutique upstairs called Hen Feathers.  Like I said, heaven.  I took some pictures but they don't do this shop justice.  There are tons more pictures on their website as well.
I had to get going and head back to Greensboro beacuse mommy & daddy had their first date night since the little guy was born.  That equals 1 year and 8 days.  Yes, that's what I said.  Auntie stayed with Nana & they kept Deuce.  They stayed at the festival for a little while longer and then went home to enjoy the beautiful day & the horses.  Deuce has spent the night with Nana a few times before but on all of those occasions, we still had TJ at the house so this night was truly OUR night.  More on that later (including a picture of my feather'd hair that was straightened and pretty for once)... 

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...