Tuesday, April 12, 2011

When Will I Have the Time?

My mind is about to explode from the constant processing and thinking I have been doing concerning the enormous to-do list I have.  It is one of those lists that keeps growing and growing with nothing ever seeming to be checked off.  With the addition of my Zumba classes during the week, I have reduced the amount of time I am at home to do the daily household chores.  I go straight to Zumba from work where Ed meets me and picks up Deuce and I don't get home until about 9:30.  But I am having so much fun, plus I'm actually working out, so I can't justify dropping the class just to be home to do laundry.  So the dirty clothes continue to pile up.  And our weekends are slam packed all the time so everything I say will get done this weekend, gets pushed off until the next and the next and the next.  Our yard looks like a jungle because it hasn't been cut yet.  The bushes are full of weeds.  The laundry baskets are overflowing.  The bed is never made.  The refrigerator reeks of old food in Tupperware that needs to be cleaned out. And the list goes on and on.  I know I am not the only person in the world with never-ending tasks but it still boggles my mind and leaves me feeling frustrated.  The one thing I do know is that I am not going to miss a moment of fun with my little man or Thursday night dinners with my girls or watching my hubby play basketball or spending time with my family at a Carolina football game to clean the house.  It's just not worth it.  I have come to the realization that it is difficult to have a perfectly spotless house when you have no children, therefore it's virtually impossible when you have 2 little kids and 1 big kid in your house.  (uhhhh, complainer much??  isn't that why i blog though?  to utilize this space as a sounding board for the good and the bad?)

With that being said I did purchase new bedding for the master bedroom this weekend.
It has been 1 year since we had the entire inside of the house painted.  It was completed the week before Deuce was born.  We painted our master bathroom a sea foam green color (although you can't really tell in the picture below) so I have been looking for some bedding to match. 
All of the furniture is a dark wood and the old bedding was a dark brown/maroon color so I have been looking for the perfect comforter to brighten up the space.  After the painting was complete I took the old bedding off because I couldn't stand the dark & drab anymore.  I have had an old white duvet on the bed ever since.  Not such a wise move with a baby & a black cat but I didn't want to just up and buy anything if it wasn't right.  In case you haven't heard, husband & I are not rich.
seriously gross...my cat obviously enjoys laying in the same spot at my feet EVERY night.
Husband was looking though my camera and said, "did you seriously take a picture of this?  are you really putting that on the blog?"  My bed is not made and I am not ashamed to admit it.
I have been looking for new bedding for a year and nothing has sold me.  I was waiting for the right pattern and mixture of colors to reach out and grab me and say take me home, I'm yours!  This past Friday I was killing time in TJ Maxx (love!) and I found it. 
obviously not my room.  my end tables actually have stuff on them that real people use.  like at least 5 cups half full of water that i can't seem to take to the kitchen, bottles and a baby monitor.
I knew it was the right color combo but I was a little concerned that the pattern may be a little too much for the husband.  Yes, I "consult" my hubby on the decorating.  Consult is being used lightly here.  My sweet guy usually agrees with anything I say but I still like to ask and have his stamp of approval.  He said he liked it just fine so I unpacked it and put it on.
see how I purposefully hid the end tables so you can't see all of my junk?
I love my new bedding although I have to say that, sadly, this is the only time the bed has been made since I put the new comforter on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...