Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Favorites

I have come to the conclusion that all of my craftiness is inhibited by my inability to sew.  1. I have no sewing machine, only a small sewing kit for putting Ed's buttons back on his shirts.  2. Even if I had a sewing machine, I have no idea how to use it.  Again, I only know how to sew buttons on shirts.  3. Even if I had a sewing machine AND I knew how to use it, I'm not sure where I would find the time or energy to actually sew anything (ie: I was not just in bed, but asleep, by 9:30 last night and missed even the tip off of the Dook game.  Thank goodness my husband woke me up at 2am to tell me they had lost!)  So I am going to start sharing sewing projects with my momma (hey mom!) and maybe encourage her to use her new sewing machine to make stuff for me (I'll allow her to make stuff for herself too, of course!).  Not really sure when she'll find the time either, but it's worth a shot.

With that being said, I thought I would share some of my favorite things from out in blog land right now.  It's so east to get lost in the blogosphere world of clicking through from one blog to another to another and another

I am in LOVE with this idea.
Chick-sicles & Love Birds
Suzanne, over at Just Another Hang Up, has been kind enough to provide a tutorial & patterns for these cute little guys.  They are stuffed rice pads used for heating/cooling.  I foresee boo-boos in my future so I want to be fully prepared with some of these bad boys!

Who knew a cute Placemat could be so handy?
I am totally digging these clutches made out of super cute placemats by Crafty Girls Workshop.
And with plenty of time left to craft before Easter, My Garden of Eden, has a tutorial for these pastel jellybean topiaries. What an easy way to dress up the front stoop or the foyer!
Anyway, as I mentioned yesterday, we are off to Charlotte for TJ's tournament this weekend so I guess I'll spend the weekend sitting on bleachers, shouting cheering like their playing in the NCAA championship and attempting to wrangle in an almost-one-year-old, all the while envisioning the craft projects I will get to one day.

And I'll leave you with one more image.  My baby boy in his football stance, yet again.  This time with his hand in position, ready to strike at any given moment.  Check out that game face.
Happy Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh I love those hand bags and the Chick-sicles and Love birds. I love how vibrant they are.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...