Friday, October 28, 2011

Pumpkin Patch.

I think that my love for each season has evolved over time. I love winter time because I love the holidays. I love getting together with my family. I love having time off from work. I love the smell of cinnamon. I love a good fire. I love curling up to watch Christmas movies. I love celebrating my honey's birthday the day after mine. But right after New Year's, I begin to despise the winter. I hate leaving work when it's already dark. I hate the bitter cold weather. I begin to count down the days until spring. I love the summer because I love heading to the beach. I love the sunshine and not having to wear 50 layers of clothes. But this year, I was really, really, super excited for fall.
{obviously before the hair cut}
Fall always means football season but it also means the beautiful changing of the leaves in NC. And this year I made sure to take Deuce to his first pumpkin patch. We just went to a small church set up not far from Ed's work and it was a great spot. I let Deuce pick out his own 3 mini pumpkins and he even tried to pick up the biggest pumpkin in the whole patch.
He picked out several pumpkins that he wanted to take home but I was mean and only let him get the baby ones. We had already bought big pumpkins when we made our whirlwind trip to Lowe's a few weeks back.
The people that were working were so nice and even gave Deuce his own sticker that said "Pumpkin Patch Visitor." And sure enough, we weren't able to leave the pumpkin patch without a knock-down drag-out tantrum. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...