Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Over 16 years ago I met my honey. At Chapel Hill High School. I was a freshman and he was a junior. Luckily he was blessed with the ability to converse with anybody, otherwise we would have never met. I surely would have never spoke to him. He became my best friend. Two years later he left me for college. Two years after that I left for college. We were in two different cities, leading two totally different lives. But not one year went by from 1995 through 2006 that he didn't call me to tell me Happy Birthday. And every now and then we would cross paths. We spent a lot of time together during the summer of 2000 when he was home working at UNC and I was home from school. We would meet up during the holidays at various parties where we had mini high school reunions. We would get together if I happened to be in Greensboro or he happened to come home.
And then Christmas Day 2006 he called me to tell me Merry Christmas. And we talked. And talked. And talked. And a few weeks later when my spring semester at Elon started back up, we met after class for dinner. And then we never stopped. 3 years later we were married and 9 months later came Deuce.
I can't imagine my life any other way and I can't remember my life before. I can't remember {not sure I want to remember} the person that I was in those years between 2000 and 2006. I am stronger. I am wiser. I am better now than I've ever been before and thank heaven that I've had my best friend by my side the whole time. Even if I didn't know it.
Happy Valentine's Day honey!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...