Tuesday, January 4, 2011

First Snow Fall

There was snow falling in Greensboro when we left the house at 11am Christmas Day.  Big, chunky flakes.  Really pretty flakes.  So by the time we got back to Greensboro at 1am, we couldn't get up our driveway.  Our driveway which really has no incline at all.  Just the smallest curve to get you over the curb.  But we couldn't get up it.  After several tries at reverse and putting the petal to the metal...Ed had to get out and shovel the driveway, in the snow, which was still falling quite hard.
Santa is good.

And I mean really good.
Deuce had no idea what was in store for him.  The child has been deprived of toys.  Not for any reason other than we just haven't gotten him any. (I think it has to do with my fear of cluttering our already overly cluttered, teeny-weeny house).  He's had a few rattles here and there but that's about it.  Santa handled it for us.  So when we woke up Sunday and there were about 8 inches of snow on the ground, we stayed in our jammies.  Man I hate when that happens...having to stay in and watch movies with my husband and my little guy. 
So anybody that know our family knows that sports is deep in our blood.  Yes, mine too.  I think the 4th Geer has already developed his passion for sports as well. 
IN. LOVE. WITH. BASKETBALL. GOAL.
He can already dunk on it.... Don't Hate.
We spent the morning being totally lazy while Deuce played with all of his toys.
And the teeth HAVE to be coming in because there is so much drool I just don't know how much more I can take.  And everything (EVERYTHING) goes in the mouth now.
After a lazy morning we decided to bundle the little guy up and take him out to experience his first snow.
1. He hated all of the clothes I put on him.
2. He didn't want me to put him down.
3. When I did he wouldn't bend into a seated position
4. When I finally got him to sit he looked behind him and all of his clothes caused him to topple over.
5. FACE PLANT in the snow.  DISLIKE!
6. I rolled him on to his back and Ed got him to smile for 1 picture that makes him seem to enjoy the snow.
7. Screaming to be picked up.
8. Back in the house to get the 15 pounds of clothes off.

Total Elapsed Time:  ~5 minutes
Then it was back in the house for more play time.  I swear these days are the best!
Again, loving the goal...
And don't forget...LOVING to eat.
Off to sweet dream land...
...catching flies, of course.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...