Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Like Father, Like Son...

So the other night Deuce was having a rough time sleeping.  He would wake up after every few minutes that I put him down.  He was so exhausted but just kept fighting.  My gut tells me his gums are really bothering him.  At about 4am I got up and even tried to put him in the bed with me (GASP!  I know, I know... I've been really good about not doing this but seriously how can I function at work the next day if I have been up all night with a crying child?)  He wouldn't even sleep in the bed with me.  I tried to put him in his swing, rocking him...nothing was working.  By this time, I was wide awake.  So I gave him some Tylenol & Orajel and got Ed up and told him I was going to just go ahead and get ready for work, there was no point in me trying to get a little bit of shut eye.  I knew the alarm would have gone off as soon as I got in to a deep sleep anyway so I passed him off to Ed.  When I got out of the shower I opened the bathroom door to check on them and I saw this:
Seriously adorable.  Both knocked out.  So I went back in to the bathroom to finish getting ready.  After I dried my hair I checked on them again.  I was sure the dryer had woken up Deuce.  Apparently it had woken both of them.  But only briefly enough for them to simultaneously turn over.  I'm not sure who turned over first but this is what I saw:
Even though he was fast asleep I couldn't bear to move him from his sleeping with his daddy.  I went in the living room and watched TV until it was time to leave.  And there is something to be said about sleeping with daddy I guess...
Daddy duty now exists EVERY NIGHT!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...