Friday, November 4, 2011

My Little Tiger.

Halloween 2011 came and went like the blink of an eye. I didn't think that we would be trick-or-treating on Monday because it was pouring down rain when I left work at 4:30pm and it was still pouring down when I picked Deuce up in Chapel Hill. I thought that maybe we would just dress him up and let him hand out candy but then that would mean I would have to stop and buy some candy. I wasn't prepared for that since we were supposed to be going out. As I started the drive home, the sky cleared up and when I got to Greensboro it looked like it hadn't rained at all. So we ran in the house to get dressed. This was what I got...
Really??? I wasn't surprised though. He hates anything touching his oh-so-precious hair. He doesn't like hats. He doesn't want anyone to brush his hair, unless it's him, he doesn't like his head rubbed {unless he's on the verge of sleep}, etc. So I kept trying to put the headpiece on and he kept taking it off. I was actually more worried about him being cold but we went on outside anyway. As soon as we opened the door there were some kids in our cul-de-sac. It was like once he saw them in their costumes he LOVED his, complete with a "roar" and everything! He took off down the cul-de-sac.
We walked through our neighborhood and he did really well. After the first few houses he became more confident and started walking up on his own. He wouldn't speak though. He wanted me to pick him up after about 45 minutes so I obliged.
After about 45 minutes in our neighborhood we loaded up in the car and drove to the neighboring neighborhood where TJ goes to school. We go over there every year. Most of his classmates live in the neighborhood so TJ usually meets up with alot of his friends. Deuce found TJ's "girlfriend" Quiarah {in the pinstripes - she loves Deuce and is so good with him.} She hangs out with Deuce at every one of TJ's football practices, playing with him and carrying him around. She's my future babysitter, I'm sure.
The little girl on the right, Katrina, is in TJ's class this year also. I had never met her before but she walked up to me and asked if I was TJ's stepmom. When I told her that yes, I was, she proceeded to thank me multiple times for making the Halloween bark that I sent to his class that day. She told me she loved it. And that, my friends, is why I stayed up until midnight making those things. So Halloween was a success and I'm looking forward to the holidays in November and December.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...