Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I'm Still Gonna Call Him my Baby.

Deuce is 14 months and 13 days old and I {think} I can officially tell you that we are 100% pacifier free.  Seriously, he has not had his pacifier for 10 whole days.  Not to nap, not to ride in the car and not to go to bed.
Getting him to nap is much more challenging now but that's about the only issue we are facing.  He has never napped in a crib.  His grandparents have allowed him to nap on their bed while they either nap with him or meddle around in their bedroom.  Yes, this could be bad but it also could be worse.  Luckily for us, it has never affected his bedtime routine.  After those few nights of crying it out, we've never really had another problem.  Almost 2 weeks ago we both got a pretty bad cold and he was really congested.  His nose was either stuffy or runny so he was having a hard time breathing without his mouth open...you know how it is, you snore when you don't mean to...  so imagine trying to suck on a pacifier when you can't breathe.  He kept dropping it because he had to breathe out of his mouth.  I thought to myself that this may be the perfect time to take his paci away... and it was!  Grandma gave it to him 1 time during the past 10 days {because he was putting up a serious fight and that booger is sta-rong!} and he immediately fell asleep and spit it out.  Other than that, he has found several in the house and has wanted nothing to do with them.  YEA!!!

I have also failed to mention on here that he has been completely bottle free since about 1 week after his birthday, so about 2 months now.  I was afraid that this would be a challenge at bedtime too but on the dr's advice, I never gave him a bottle right before bed so it was never part of his bedtime routine anyway.
My little guy is growing up so fast! 
at nearly 3 months old

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...