Monday, April 2, 2012

Back on Track.

With the chaotic month of March now behind me, I am looking forward to a more relaxing and more fun month in April. While it will still be incredibly busy, I am trying to refocus my priorities and my energy on to different things. I am getting the heck out of Greensboro on Wednesday. Deuce and I will be heading to the coast on Wednesday after work for a few relaxing days at the beach with Nana and Wawa. We haven't been to the beach since last Memorial Day so I am really looking forward to it. The following weekend Pop is driving down from VA to scoop up Wawa and then they are picking up me and Deuce in Greensboro before we head to Knoxville for my cousin's wedding. TJ has a basketball tournament so Ed won't be able to go. This will be the first time in 5 years that I have been to Knoxville without him and we usually go several times per year.

I mentioned before that I was so busy during March with work, work that we were working around the clock {several nights I was up at 2am still working and working on my days off too} so that we can implement a brand new software to the contracts department here at GSK. During all of that work work, I was hired to do some print work as well. Managing my schedule to complete it all {while dealing with a sick toddler} was very challenging but proved to be rewarding. I have been exhausted, sometimes not being able to sleep because I am just too tired or because my mind is racing a million miles a minute trying to figure out how I can get everything done I need to in the 24 hours that followed. 24 hours is just not enough sometimes. But I must say that I love my job. I mean who wouldn't enjoy working on a campus that looks like this?
I thought I would share a sample of the print work that I did. I created Stock the Bar party invitations for a party that took place over the weekend. I created vintage date stamp prints for the couple with their wedding date and locations. I printed the wedding invitations and response cards for Leigh Anne's upcoming May wedding. And I also created 110 wedding invitations, accommodation cards, response cards and envelopes for each for another May wedding all from scratch!
I feel like I have had no time at all to sleep and when I do, it's not very restful. Deuce has had a really bad sinus infection for the past few weeks and we just finished a 10 day course of antibiotics to knock it out. He's extra cranky and clingy when he doesn't feel good and that makes it really hard to get anything done around the house from washing clothes and cooking dinner to sleeping. So... I am looking forward to April and the sunny weather with some brighter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...