Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Feast 2010!

Wow!  Yesterday was such a wonderful day!  I was hoping to add pictures yesterday but I was so tired that it just didn't happen!  I started out my day up at 6:30am to cook my share of the feast.  First I made a classic baked macaroni & cheese casserole.  I used 1 box of macaroni noodles, 1 cup of milk, 1lb of freshly shredded cheddar cheese, 1 stick of butter, salt & pepper to taste & a little paprika.




Then I decided to try a new recipe for broccoli casserole.  I enjoy cooking, when I have the time, but it doesn't happen too often so I was excited to try this one out.  I used cooked broccoli, cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, amlond slivers, french fried onions, cheese & milk.  It was sooo good!






Then I made some cinnamon rolls for breakfast so we could have a little something in our belly, but not too much so we could grub later! 








This year Ed's family joined us at my parent's house and it was so nice to have everybody all in one spot.  It was very special to have everybody together for Deuce's first Thanksgiving.

Deuce with his Grandma & Nana


TJ & Ed

Mom, Me & Laura
 
Grandpa feeding Deuce
 
Uncle Schultz putting the baby to sleep

Here is a sampling of all of the food that everybody brought.  Man, it was delish!


cabbage casserole

squash casserole


sweet potato casserole


green's & pecan pie
 
stuffing
 
the table set

my plate...yes, I got down!
Only 1 helping though.

Here is Deuce's Thanksgiving Feast, complete with baby food squash...



We did give him some mashed potatoes for the first time and he loved them!
He also got a banana popciscle for the first time and couldn't eat it fast enough.  PaPa was holding it for him and he finally just grabbed it with both hands.





Deuce was worn out after a day with family and mommy was too!







I hope everyone had as wonderful a Thanksgiving as we did.  I am so thankful for my family & my friends and for the opportunity to share my life with my baby boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...