Thursday, December 9, 2010

Happy Birthday to... Me!

So Monday was my birthday.  Yes, on a Monday.  Sucks.  And it was my 29th.  Sucks too.  I have one more year to say I am a "twenty-something."  Big Sucks!  But what can I do?  So I had to come to work.  It's one of those catch-22 things where you are thankful that you have a job (especially after 8 months without one) but hate that you have to go to work, especially on your birthday.  I met my sister for lunch at the Ale House in Brier Creek and chowed down on some spinach & artichoke dip and a Reuben.  It was delish.  Then I went back to work.  Work.  Desk.  Computer.  Boo.  After meeting my mom at Wal-Mart briefly so she could see me on my 29th birthday for a good 15 minutes, I went to pick up Deuce.  We trudged back to Greensboro to meet daddy.  I was tired.  My eyes were heavy and the cold weather was bitter. 

Did I mention that Sunday night when I was vacuuming in order to prepare for the Christmas tree I blew a fuse in the living room?  No big deal.  It's happened to me before.  So everything went black and I drug my feet to the garage to flip the breaker.  All was good when the power was restored...except for the cable box.  It never came back on.  Ever.  I guess I completely blew it up.  Needless to say, we currently have no cable in our living room.  Only in the bedroom.  Ed is in hell.  Not really but we had to watch the Carolina game on the little tv in the bedroom last night, geesh!  Maybe it's me that's in hell...Y'all know how I am about the Heels!


Deuce figured he'd just eat the remote if the tv was broke.
In the mouth it goes!

Needless to say, we decided to go get dinner and bring it back to the house for my birthday.  Ed suggested Macaroni Grill and we have been there for my birthday in the years past so I happily agreed.  Since we have no TV in the living room, we decided to celebrate my birthday in bed (not literally, just the bedroom).

I had a Caesar salad to start.
You know how they give you that yummy bread with the evoo, seasoning & the cheese?
This was our version, toys and all.
Then I had seafood linguine,

Ed had the Penne Rustica
It was all very yummy!
As it turns out, I couldn't have had a better Monday night birthday than dinner in bed with my boys (minus TJ who was with his mom).
I said I was tired, okay???
Ed got me some great gifts from Camille's at This & That.
I love pink!
He done good! 
And Deuce just likes it when I take pictures of him so he can eat my camera strap (or anything else he can touch!)


This year there was a different vibe about my birthday.  I didn't feel the same about it.  Yes, part of it is because I am just getting old so it's not as fun to celebrate another year closer to gray hair & memory loss.  But part of it is because I have a child of my own now.  The day that I gave birth was the absolute best day of my life.  It will be the day that Deuce celebrates for the rest of his life but I am sure I will secretly celebrate just as much, if not more, because that was the day that I brought another human being in to this world (with Ed's help, of course).  April 22nd is a new holiday to celebrate for me and I am so looking forward to those celebrations a whole lot more (I think, but I really don't want him to get older, I just want to celebrate him if that makes sense.)  

So to my absolutely amazing mom (and you too, dad)...Happy Birthing Day to you too.


And here's to year # 3-0. 
Hoping that life is indeed like fine wine, and it only gets better with age...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...