Monday, April 15, 2013

Soccer.

We have started our first season of soccer. I haven't decided if he likes it or not. His first practice was great... until I showed up. Ed got him to practice and said he participated in all of the drills and was having a blast. I got there with about 15 minutes left in practice and when he saw me, he was done. He didn't want to practice anymore. So I decided that I would not be going to any more practices. Or I will just be watching from the car. Such a momma's boy. He played great during his first game and seemed to really enjoy it.
He seemed to understand what he was supposed to be doing.
 And he even played goalie for a quarter. He didn't allow any goals and even got to do some corner kicks, which he loved.
Then he we got the Rota virus. So 10 minutes into his 2nd practice he said he didn't want to play. All he did was lay in my lap. This is unlike him to do when we are outside and playing. We ended up staying home from school for 3 days that week.
He had his second game this past weekend. Unfortunately the game was a 1pm. Right smack in the middle of nap time. This was not good. He was tired and cranky and 5 minutes into the game Ed was giving him directives and it was too much for him. He was all the way on the other side of the field and just started crying and walked across the field during the game and told me "no more soccer mommy!" We made him sit and watch the rest of the game and it seemed like every 5 minutes there was another kid laying out in the middle of the field crying.
Note to YMCA: Toddlers take naps!!
(He is also the youngest on the team. Most of the kids are 4-5, some are 3 and he's the only 2 year old. The kid in line in front of him is 5.)
He ended up sleeping for 3 hours after that game.
We have practice tonight so I will be spying from the car.
We'll see if that helps. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...