Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Leigh Anne's Wedding

Quick post today. Most of y'all know that one of my best friends, Leigh Anne, got married recently. We had to dodge the rain all day but Leigh Anne didn't let it dampen her spirits. I managed to snap some pictures with my phone of the set up prior to the down pour. Between Leigh Anne, Kevin and myself, we managed to do most of the decor ourselves and at almost $0! Yes.... Kevin is a miracle woodworker. I told him he's lucky he wasn't my husband because I'd have him building all sorts of furniture for me!

This was at the bottom of the driveway to prevent any cars from parking. All of the signs were cut by Kevin and I stained and painted them.
The entrance to the backyard.
The bar area.
Ceremony site in the backyard.
Hay bales for seating
Honorary Candle for their fathers who could not be there. Kevin built the entire thing. I stained the frames and then the candle went on top.
I know it's hard to see but I etched the names of their fathers as well as a meaningful quote and the wedding date of this vase. The vase was then placed on top of the stand above and burned throughout the event.
Amazing alter that Kevin built! This now sits in the backyard of Kevin & Leigh Anne's house!
All of the centerpieces were slightly different. Again, Kevin cut all of the wood and the Mason Jars were donated.
Favor & Mad Lib for the couple at each place setting.
I printed the Mad Libs & the Thank You tags.
Leigh Anne's mom made the bird seed favors.
Sign at the tables. Kevin pieced the wood together and I painted the sign.
Custom benches Kevin made.
The Photo Booth area and props. I made all of the props for the Photo Booth.
(with the exception of the hats obviously...)
Me & my sister made this humongous wreath for about $15.
More of the bar area.
Gift table for cards and presents.
I bought the box from goodwill for $4.99.
I sanded it down, cleaned it out and stained it.
I used my Silhouette Cameo machine to cut the letters for "CARDS" and looped some thread through.
I sewed a burlap pillow to place on the inside.
Thumbprint Tree table as the Guest Book.
The cake stand. The cake was beautiful and delicious but I didn't get a picture of it because I was upstairs getting ready when it arrived.
Upstairs where us girls were dressing, we had a serious spread of goodies to keep us occupied through hair & makeup, including mimosas.
I wasn't able to get any pictures of the event since I was in the wedding but you can check out the photographers blog here for some much better pictures of the couple and their day.

It was a great day!


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...