Friday, June 24, 2011

When Life Gives You Lemons...

...well, when daddy gives them to you.....you eat them.  And continue to eat them. Until there is nothing left and the entire restaurant is bent over at the waist laughing at you.  My little guy {who now weighs 27 pounds 11 ounces, after a quick trip to the doctor to check for a suspected ear infection} doesn't ever turn away food.  And as demonstrated by this video, even if the food makes him cringe, he will still eat it.  He's quite the ham.
And as for the doctor's visit on Monday.  He had been sticking his fingers in his ears for a couple of days but was not fussy or anything and he wasn't pulling on them either.  He seemed normal and full of energy, per the usual.  But when we were on the way to Chapel Hill on Monday morning he just seemed out of it.  He looked sleepy {even after just waking up from sleeping for 12 hours} and his eyes looked weak.  So I dropped him off with my mom and told her to keep an eye on him.  She called me around lunch time and said that she felt I should check in at the doctor's office and see what they thought.  So I made the call to Dr. Davis.  And I must tell you, it's the first time I've had to call the doctor in his short 14 months of life.  We have only been to the doctor for previously scheduled well visits.  We have been very fortunate.  After speaking to the nurse, she suggested we come in.  So I closed up my computer and headed back to mom's and then back to Greensboro to meet Dr. Davis.

Turns out there was no ear infection.  Whew!  But he does have eczema.  He has a little spot on his neck and on both of his elbows. {You can kind of see it in the picture below.}  A little cortizone has cleared it right up.  So why did he have his fingers in his ears?  Well, he woke up Tuesday with an awful cold.  Snotty nose and all.  So I am guessing that his head feels like mine {like it's about to explode because now I have said cold} and his ears feel clogged up.  So we've been getting a lot of use out of that green hospital suction thingy.  Totally gross if you ask me, but it works since he can't really blow his nose yet.
So now that I've grossed you out.... he also got his first "real" boo-boo on Tuesday.  I think it gives him character.  He has learned how to sit and slide down the stairs to the basement at Grandma's house.  He goes up and down them all day {with supervision, of course}.  But one time he slid about half way down and then decided he was going to stand up and run down the rest before Grandma or Grandpa could grab him.  Enter carpet burn to forehead.  As soon as I got to Grandma's he smiled really big and then grabbed my hand and put it on my forehead where his boo-boo is.  Too funny!  There is now a baby gate at the top of the stairs and he is not a fan...   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...